Monday, June 13, 2016

Day 6: Our Worthiness

Day 6 Challenge: Read at a Cafe

This shouldn't be that hard right? I was grateful at something simple. It's hard going deep within oneself. Exhausting.

Now all I had to do was find the time! This was supposed to happen on Saturday but Saturday was, well, not a good day and yet an awesome day. It's not a day that I want to divulge the information about but what I can say about my Saturday is that I took charge of my life. I made a hard decision and I stuck to it. I made the world know I was serious and to be taken seriously. I'm done being used. I'm done being walked over. I'm done being controlled.

I asked my Mom to join me for my 'me' time. We headed off to our nearest Starbucks (no cafes really nearby). It was a gorgeously sunny day so I sat outside, sipped my drink and dove back into Brene Brown's Rising Strong. I love Brene, I wish I could be Brene. This book resonates with me. I gets me. It pushes me.


 I believe that when you are open to receiving them, the universe will speak to you. Signs are there, it's just whether or not we choose (or are ready to) receive them. I opened my book and laughed out loud not caring that I was around others.



"The most dangerous stories we make up are those narratives that diminish our inherent worthiness. We must reclaim the truth about our loveability, divinity and creativity." -Brene Brown

Heck yes Brene, I do need to. Message received!



No comments:

Post a Comment